What Every Business Owner Ought to Know about Promotional Products
Promotional Products for Business
Are you a business owner or marketing director constantly on the lookout for ways to stretch your marketing dollar?
If so, here are a few little known facts to remember when planning your strategy.
Whether you’re a big national brand or a local small business it’s important to have the right ingredients in your marketing mix.
Promotional Products are key to any successful integrated marketing campaign
A study of American consumers conducted by PPAI revealed that:
• 83% of American consumers surveyed like receiving a promotional product with an advertising message.
• 89% of consumers surveyed could recall the name of the advertiser on a promotional product they received in the past 24 months.
• Consumers were asked to think of a promotional product they had received in the past two years and to recall the specific product, the advertiser and the message: A whopping 76.2% recalled all three key pieces of information.
• 48% would like to receive promotional products more often.
• 38% feel promotional products serve as a constant reminder of the advertiser.
In a study conducted by researchers at Louisiana State University and University of Texas at San Antonio researchers explored:
• The effectiveness of promotional products when compared to other traditional forms of advertising such as television and print.
• The synergistic effects of promotional products when used along with these other media.
Seven groups of people were exposed to advertising for a new product via three traditional advertising mediums, namely, television, print and promotional products
When comparing the effectiveness of promotional products with television and print, findings revealed that while the print ad came in first overall, the promotional product outperformed television across the board.
Respondents preferred advertising through a promotional product to the television ad in terms of their:
– Positive attitudes toward the ad (41% to 18%),
– Positive attitude toward the product (20% to 16%),
– Message credibility (54% to 33%)
– Purchase intent (25% to 17%)
– Referral value (26% to 16%)
So, while you’re thinking of ways to stay Top of Mind with your customers don’t rule out this one tried and true marketing strategy that won’t break the bank. Adding a promotional product to the media mix generates favorable attitudes toward the advertising in all cases (up to 44%).
The value of Promotional Products is in their ability to carry a message to a well-defined audience. Because the products are useful to and appreciated by the recipients, they are retained and used, reinforcing the imprinted message many times without the added cost to your bottom line.